Here comes the recipe for the Boone Camp Burrito Especial:
Prep Time 20-30 mins
Ingredients (4-5 portions):
2 chicken breasts
1 can of black beans
1 cup of brown rice
1 can of pineapple
3-4 table spoons of BBQ Sauce (Sticky Fingers - Memphis Original is my favorite!)
1 green bell pepper
1-2 table spoons of Olive Oil
4-6 Whole Wheat/Multi-Grain Tortillas
1 table spoon of Salsa Verde
Cheese (your choice, fancy shredded works best)
Fresh ground Black Pepper
optional: Frontera Kitchens - New Mexico Taco Skillet Sauce
1. Prepare the brown rice
2.Cut the chicken into small strips
3. Clean and cut the pepper and onion into small squares
4. Cook the chicken with the onions and bell peppers in the olive oil, once the chicken is somewhat cooked, add the BBQ Sauce, the pineapple juice from the can and the other spices.
5. Drain the black beans and add them along with pineapple pieces to the mix
6. Let boil for a few minutes
7. Depending on your liking, you can either add the brown rice to the mix or add it to the burritos separately.
If you are preparing the meal for a bigger, diverse group, it works well to have everybody build their own burrito. Otherwise, you can pre-heat the oven, build the burritos and add cheese and Salsa Verde on top and put them on a flat pan and finish the meal in the oven @ 375 degrees for 5-7 mins.